Life was so much simpler ten years ago when I knew everything.
The Stag did a special edition this time on sex. One of the features we did for the music section was on the ‘perfect’ sexy song. On which I had to say…
People obsesses about what song to set the mood for or during sex. What’s more important for me is what song to play after sex, because it influences the way that I look back at it. In that regard, my favourite sexy song of all time is What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong. I fell in love with this song ever since I heard it in the last episode of the Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy radio show. It’s a song that is so close to me emotionally that I only ever play it post-sex for someone that I feel I truly connected with. Armstrong’s gravelly voice makes the moment tres romantique.
I couldn’t resist coming up with a ‘fun’ list of unusual sexy songs though after writing that. Here’s my top 10:
- Best this-room-is-way-too-dark-and-I-can’t-see-what-I’m-doing song: No Light, No Light by Florence + The Machine
- Best make-her-give-consent song: Just Say Yes by Snow Patrol
- Best we-are-gonna-do-some-seriously-fucked-up-shit song: Use Your Fist And Not Your Mouth by Marilyn Manson
- Best this-sex-tape-is-going-to-end-up-on-some-porn-site song: Kiss & Tell by Selena Gomez
- Best get-that-Twilight-fan-chick-interested-in-you song: If I Was Your Vampire by Marilyn Manson
- Best well-this-was-disappointing song: I Can’t Get No Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones
- Best you-really-need-deodorant song: Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- Best I’m-never-going-to-sleep-with-this-person-and-I-will-play-this-as-I-kick-them-out: One Night Stand by Fanzine
- Best I-don’t-want-to-fuck-you song: Not If You Were The Last Junkie On Earth by The Dandy Warhols
- Best I-want-you-to-scratch-and-bite-me-nudge-nudge-wink-wink song: I Like It Rough by Lady Gaga